Crowley, Jeffrey (AIDS Czar)
Title: Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy
Reports to: President Obama
Department that handles similar issues: Health and Human Services
Duties: Coordinates HIV/AIDS policy domestically and internationally
- Gay activist
- Holds MS degree in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health
- Was Deputy Executive Director for Programs at the National Association of People with AIDS
- Is Senior Research Scholar at Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute
- Is a Senior Scholar at the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, Georgetown University Law Center.
- His primary areas of expertise are Medicaid and Medicare policy.
- Seeks to help President Obama build support for the idea of repealing the ban on federal funding for anti-AIDS, syringe-exchange programs that supply clean needles to drug users.